Au Naturel Living
Three-ingredient Sunscreen Recipe
FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR HOMEMADE SUNSCREEN!
Here is a no-nonsense, quick, and natural sunscreen that takes ten minutes to make once you gathered the ingredients. Purveyor of Zinc Oxide's guideline is using 2 oz to 8 oz of lotion for 20 SPF sunscreen.
- 8 oz of lotion you love
- 2 oz of zinc oxide
- Distilled Water (Optional & As needed)
- I bought bulk Alba Very Emollient Original lotion at the local Co-Op. It has a slight pleasant scent. Alternatively, there is an unscented option so you could add your own essential oil
- Add zinc oxide, purchased online, and mix very well to get all the lumps out. Use an electric hand held blender if you have one
- Slowly add a very small amount, by half-teaspoonfuls, of distilled water for desired consistency. Optional.
- Store in new tin or tube and it's ready for use. Use a small amount and be sure to thoroughly, quickly, and evenly rub in the lotion and avoid the eyes area
- Stay cool and try this app called Plume to get a head's up of your area's air quality report: https://plumelabs.com
Three-ingredient Toothpaste Recipe
Three-ingredients Toothpaste Recipe
- 3/4 Cup of Baking Soda
- 20 drops of Peppermint
- Finely ground sea salt, optional
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Small Scooping Spatula (Transfer paste to jar)
Mix well and store in a Mason jar. Have a small spoon handy for use. I love this refreshing homemade toothpaste!
As always, I invite you to engage with me on my website and social media:
Facebook: https://facebook.com/beingchi (Author Page)